As part of their “effective altruism” project, the Giordano-Bruno-Stiftung (gbs) and the Stiftung für Effektiven Altruismus (EAS) support selected charities and projects from the effective altruism movement. You can support those charities by making a donation to gbs or EAS and letting us know which recipient charity you’d like us to regrant it to. An overview of our 2014 grants can be seen here, data from 2015 will be added soon.
We currently support the following charities:
- Against Malaria Foundation
- GiveDirectly Basic Income Project
- Schistosomiasis Control Initiative (SCI)
- Deworm the World Initiative, led by Evidence Action
- GiveWell “standout charities”:
Development Media International (DMI), GAIN-USI, ICCIDD, Living Goods
- Centre for Effective Altruism (incl. 80,000 Hours and Giving What We Can)
- Great Ape Project
- Animal Charity Evaluators
- The Humane League
- Mercy for Animals
- Animal Equality
- Animal Ethics
- Center for Applied Rationality
- Machine Intelligence Research Institute
- Future of Humanity Institute
- Cool Earth
How it works:
- Make a donation to EAS or gbs (depending on whether you pay taxes in Switzerland or Germany). To do this, please fill in the form below.
- Please specify “EA” as payment purpose. For a general donation to EAS, please specify “EAS” as a payment purpose.
- EAS will regrant all donations on a quarterly basis.
- If you have questions, please contact us via e-mail or phone.
For legal reasons, the boards of EAS and Giordano-Bruno-Stiftung have to retain full discretion over how to use all donations they receive (EAS and gbs do not offer any fiduciary services). However, donors can assume safely that all their donations will be allocated according to their wishes. EAS and gbs will process your donation free of charge. Payments via PayPal, Skrill or credit card will be subject to a small fee. Please note that EAS will forward your information (including full name, e-mail address and donation details) to the recipient charity and, if necessary, to gbs.