Local EA groups promote the ground-level exchange of Effective Altruism and organize regular talks, workshops, and social events. The events are public—everyone is warmly invited to come along and join in. We are always delighted to welcome new supporters!
Active local groups
The following local groups are in active collaboration with EAF (names of co-organizers are in brackets). They have made a cooperation agreement which ensures support from EAF as well as the maintenance of certain minimum standards from the group. However, as far as content goes, they still work independently.
- Basel (Jonas Vollmer)
- Bayreuth (Darius Meißner)
- Berlin (Nicola Wiggers & Andrii Zakharov)
- Bern (Rita Fleer)
- Bonn (Benjamin Kolb)
- Geneva (Konrad Seifert)
- Graz (Lukas Trötzmüller)
- Magdeburg (Jennifer Waldmann & Andrei Pöhlmann)
- Munich (Alfredo Parra)
- Osnabruck (Jasper Götting & Max Räuker)
- Ruhr area (Fabienne Sandkühler)
- Stuttgart (Monika Kopec)
- St. Gallen (Massimo Mannino)
- Tubingen (Lukas Kirchhoff)
- Vienna (Anna Riedl)
- Zurich (Daniel Wünn)
In the following cities there are further local groups:
- Frankfurt (Denise Melchin)
- Gottingen (Felix Alebrand)
- Greifswald (Felix Heydick)
- Hanover (Jasper Götting)
- Saarbrucken (Deborah Hirth)
- Wurzburg (Mario Reutter)
Further suitable cities for local groups
In the following cities, there are already interested people, although local groups have not yet been founded. We would love further supporters to make groups possible!
Start a local group
Would you like to start an EA local group in your own city? Whether you’re already committed or just curious about what’s possible, you’re warmly welcome to contact Marcello Veronese (Facebook, Email), our outreach coordinator in German-speaking areas.