Current open positions
- Effective Altruism Foundation: Part-time Operations Assistant
- Foundational Research Institute: Researcher
We are a small team of intellectually curious, hard-working, and compassionate people who care deeply about averting risks of astronomical suffering. In order to achieve that ambitious goal, we strictly prioritize what to pursue as an organization and as individuals. Getting the right answer and getting things done are the two main drivers behind our work.
Whenever we have identified current priority goals, we work hard to achieve them. Getting exceptional results often requires improving both ourselves and our organization. We encourage everybody to question the status quo and take initiative wherever it’s needed.
We set goals together and leave it up to the individual to pursue them autonomously. We want everybody to own their area of responsibility. At the organizational level, we value flexibility, as areas of responsibility can change frequently due to new priorities and opportunities.
While this can make for an intense working environment, we also put great value on self-care and mutual support. We are in this for the long haul, and we strive to always be cognizant of that fact as individuals. We welcome you to become a crucial part of that journey.
- Unless stated otherwise, we offer full-time positions at our offices in a lively area of London—a cosmopolitan city and one of the major EA hubs. We will consider remote work only in exceptional circumstances.
- The starting salary for most positions will be between GBP 40,000 and GBP 55,000. In exceptional circumstances, we’d consider salaries up to GBP 65,000. We also support your professional development with funding and training. Other benefits include health care and dental coverage, generous paid vacation time, and flexible working hours.
- We are an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age, physical attractiveness, marital status, or disability. We are happy to make any reasonable accommodations necessary to welcome all to our workplace. Please contact us to discuss adjustments to the application process: email@example.com